Jewelry Box - Fashion Jewelry
How to Decorate a Jewelry BoxBy Christi Aldridge, eHow Contributor jewelry Box thumbnail" title="" class="photo" data-credit="jewelry box and necklace image by VisualEyez from Fotolia.com" longdesc="http://i.ehow.com/images/a06/rm/8n/decorate-jewelry-box-800x800.jpg" />
Make your own personalized jewelry box using items you can buy at your local craft store. Decorated boxes also make lovely gifts or crafts that girls can do at a birthday party. They can take their finished jewelry boxes home as a party favor. Stow your trinkets inside your box and display it where people can see it, on top of a dresser or bathroom counter. Things You'll Need
- Jewelry box
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- Decorations such as beads, buttons, ribbons and shells
- Decoupage medium
1. Paint your Jewelry Box using acrylic craft paint. For a sparkling, feminine Jewelry Box, use gold or silver paint. A more vintage-looking box could be muted pink, green or beige. Or, for a more natural finish, use wood stain or a clear coat. Allow the box to dry.
2. Glue on embellishments. Glue seashells around the top edges of the box to create a beach-theme box. Make a box for a child by gluing small plastic toys to it or fuzzy pom poms. Feathers, trim or rocks are other options. Decoupage magazine pictures or photos printed from your computer onto your box using decoupage medium and a paintbrush. Create designs such as swirls or hearts by gluing colorful beads to the top of the box. Use tweezers to place beads where you want them. Scratched CDs that you don't need anymore can make a cool mosaic when you break them up and glue them on.
3. Cut a piece of colored felt or velvet to fit inside your box. This will serve as a liner so your jewelry won't get scratched inside the box. Glue a mirror to the inside lid of the box. Embellish the inside lid of the box with rhinestones for an extra touch of sparkle.
Christi Aldridge has been writing professionally since 2009. She graduated from Texas Christian University, where she was a featured contributor for several campus publications and won an award for best columnist.
- Making Friends: Celestial Box
- About My Planet: Easy Reuses For Scratched CDs
- Vintage Image Craft: How To Decoupage
Original article published on eHow.com
Next page: Jewelry Armoire
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Jewelry Box News
Spotlight: LilyEmme Jewelry - KOMO News
Spotlight: LilyEmme Jewelry
Tucked on a desk in the corner of a condo in downtown Seattle, one of the fastest growing Seattle Etsy shops is emerging. Valerie Nethery started LilyEmme Jewelry in her condo above the convention center in 2009. Lily is the name of her younger sister, ...
Artist on mission to get expensive stolen jewelry back - KOAT Albuquerque
Artist on mission to get expensive stolen jewelry back
While in jail, Lucero told investigators where some of the jewelry had been pawned. When he bailed out, Eige took matters into his own hands and confronted Lucero in Albuquerque's Old Town plaza and demanded to know where the rest of the jewelry was.
Davie Jewelry Store Thieves Caught On Camera - CBS Local
Davie Jewelry Store Thieves Caught On Camera
Security cameras at Ocean Jewelers, at 7162 Stirling Road, captured the two men as they sauntered into the store. At one point, one of the men pulled out a gun and the duo demanded cash and valuables. After taking an undetermined amount of cash and ...
2 men sought in Davie jewelry store robbery
Pair rob Davie jewelry store, flee
Nearly $7K in cash, jewelry stolen from Jersey City home, police say - NJ.com
Nearly $7K in cash, jewelry stolen from Jersey City home, police say
Nearly $6,000 in cash and more than $1,000 in jewelry was stolen from a Jersey City home early Sunday morning, Jersey City police said. A 42-year-old Claremont Avenue told police that he had gone out at midnight Saturday and returned at 5 a.m. Sunday ...
Charlotte Ponce receives countless pieces of jewelry following ear surgery - Fox17
Charlotte Ponce receives countless pieces of jewelry following ear surgery
SPRING LAKE, Mich. â€” Wearing earrings is something many people take for granted but for Charlotte Ponce it's a life long dream. Charlotte, 12, from Spring Lake is back home after receiving a new ear nearly three weeks ago. Over the years, she's had ...
Amazon Is Selling Customized 3D-Printed Jewelry, Toys And More - Huffington Post
International Business Times
Amazon Is Selling Customized 3D-Printed Jewelry, Toys And More
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc will offer 3D printing services that allow customers to customize and build earrings, bobble head toys and other items from third-party sellers using a new personalization option on its website. Most of the more ...
3D Printing Store Comes To Amazon, With iPhone Cases, Jewelry, MP3 Players ...
Amazon Opens 3D Printing Marketplace To Design Jewelry, Toys
Amazon Now Sells 3D Printed Skulls, Jewelry, Home Goods
How a FabergÃ© Egg Inspired This Jeweler's Career - Racked NY
How a FabergÃ© Egg Inspired This Jeweler's Career
Take a lap around the jeweler's new Williamsburg shop and you'll find sweet moonstone necklaces and emerald drop earrings cozied up next to knuckle-dusting enamel scorpions, evil eyes, and her latest hitâ€”solid gold boob rings with diamond nipples.