Jewelry Box - Fashion Jewelry
How to Decorate a Jewelry BoxBy Christi Aldridge, eHow Contributor jewelry Box thumbnail" title="" class="photo" data-credit="jewelry box and necklace image by VisualEyez from Fotolia.com" longdesc="http://i.ehow.com/images/a06/rm/8n/decorate-jewelry-box-800x800.jpg" />
Make your own personalized jewelry box using items you can buy at your local craft store. Decorated boxes also make lovely gifts or crafts that girls can do at a birthday party. They can take their finished jewelry boxes home as a party favor. Stow your trinkets inside your box and display it where people can see it, on top of a dresser or bathroom counter. Things You'll Need
- Jewelry box
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- Decorations such as beads, buttons, ribbons and shells
- Decoupage medium
1. Paint your Jewelry Box using acrylic craft paint. For a sparkling, feminine Jewelry Box, use gold or silver paint. A more vintage-looking box could be muted pink, green or beige. Or, for a more natural finish, use wood stain or a clear coat. Allow the box to dry.
2. Glue on embellishments. Glue seashells around the top edges of the box to create a beach-theme box. Make a box for a child by gluing small plastic toys to it or fuzzy pom poms. Feathers, trim or rocks are other options. Decoupage magazine pictures or photos printed from your computer onto your box using decoupage medium and a paintbrush. Create designs such as swirls or hearts by gluing colorful beads to the top of the box. Use tweezers to place beads where you want them. Scratched CDs that you don't need anymore can make a cool mosaic when you break them up and glue them on.
3. Cut a piece of colored felt or velvet to fit inside your box. This will serve as a liner so your jewelry won't get scratched inside the box. Glue a mirror to the inside lid of the box. Embellish the inside lid of the box with rhinestones for an extra touch of sparkle.
Christi Aldridge has been writing professionally since 2009. She graduated from Texas Christian University, where she was a featured contributor for several campus publications and won an award for best columnist.
- Making Friends: Celestial Box
- About My Planet: Easy Reuses For Scratched CDs
- Vintage Image Craft: How To Decoupage
Original article published on eHow.com
Next page: Jewelry Armoire
Decrease in wrinkles by 25%, glowing facial skin, Increased energy, better sleep patterns,
Scam free: Use trusted Vendors or use PayPal to "Check Out" and know your online transaction is safe.
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Jewelry Box News
Jewelry Experts Settle Controversial Earring-Back Debate
A historic debate over earring backs is currently brewing on the internet, dividing women into warring factions and threatening to undo all of Taylor Swift's hard work to make girls be nicer to each other. At the center of the debate is the simple question ...Read more...
Abstract wire-wrap jewelry for fantasy and function
Wire wrapping is a specific technique in jewelry fabrication. Encasing jewels in wire serves to hold gemstones in the jewelry design. But thereâ€™s more fantasy to wire wraps than the function of setting the stones. Thereâ€™s a specific, prescribed way to ...Read more...
Mothers create jewelry with breast milk
From saving your baby's footprint to bronzing their baby shoes, there are numerous ways to commemorate a child's infancy â€” and now, breast milk jewelry can be added to the list. "Mom's Own Milk" allows new moms to purchase pendants, baubles and trinkets ...Read more...
Where Is Sonja Morganâ€™s Jewelry Line?
Real Housewives of New York star Sonja Morgan launches her clothing line, Sonja Morgan New York, with a fashion show and it does goes smoothly. Plus, the only place to find the handful of clothes â€“ dresses, pants, tops, jumpsuits and bathing suits â€“ is ...Read more...
A model displays creations during a fashion show at the India International Jewelry Week in Mumbai, India, Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2015. (AP Photo/Rajanish Kakade)Read more...
New watch and jewelry repair store open on Missionâ€™s Johnson Drive
Mission continues to get new businesses opening up shop along its revamped Johnson Drive. Mission Watch and Jewelry Repair has been open for nearly two weeks now in a storefront on the southeast corner of Johnson Drive and Outlook. The owner moved his ...Read more...
Designing Jewelry From Smog for Cleaner Cities
Last year we covered Dutch designer Daan Roosegaardeâ€™s Smog Free Project initiative, a project that aims to raise awareness on smog and pollution. Targeting the worldâ€™s most polluted cities, the design teamâ€™s plans to install purifying vacuum towers ...Read more...