Jewelry Box - Fashion Jewelry
Free Download Training Class Click Here.
Receive Our Free Gift
Bookmark/Share This Page:
How to Decorate a Jewelry Boxby Christi Aldridge, eHow Contributor and necklace image by VisualEyez from Fotolia.com" data-modal-content="jewelry box and necklace image by VisualEyez from Fotolia.com"> jewelry Box thumbnail" title="" class="photo" data-credit="jewelry box and necklace image by VisualEyez from Fotolia.com" longdesc="http://i.ehow.com/images/a06/rm/8n/decorate-jewelry-box-800x800.jpg" />
Make your own personalized jewelry box using items you can buy at your local craft store. Decorated boxes also make lovely gifts or crafts that girls can do at a birthday party. they can take their finished jewelry boxes home as a party favor. Stow your trinkets inside your box and display it where people can see it, on top of a dresser or bathroom counter. Things You'll Need
- Jewelry box
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- Decorations such as beads, buttons, ribbons and shells
- Decoupage medium
1. Paint your Jewelry Box using acrylic craft paint. For a sparkling, feminine Jewelry Box, use gold or silver paint. A more vintage-looking box could be muted pink, green or beige. or, for a more natural finish, use wood stain or a clear coat. Allow the box to dry.
2. Glue on embellishments. Glue seashells around the top edges of the box to create a beach-theme box. Make a box for a child by gluing small plastic toys to it or fuzzy pom poms. Feathers, trim or rocks are other options. Decoupage magazine pictures or photos printed from your computer onto your box using decoupage medium and a paintbrush. Create designs such as swirls or hearts by gluing colorful beads to the top of the box. Use tweezers to place beads where you want them. Scratched CDs that you don't need anymore can make a cool mosaic when you break them up and glue them on.
3. Cut a piece of colored felt or velvet to fit inside your box. This will serve as a liner so your jewelry won't get scratched inside the box. Glue a mirror to the inside lid of the box. Embellish the inside lid of the box with rhinestones for an extra touch of sparkle.
Christi Aldridge has been writing professionally since 2009. She graduated from Texas Christian University, where she was a featured contributor for several campus publications and won an award for best columnist.
- Making Friends: Celestial Box
- About My Planet: Easy Reuses For Scratched CDs
- Vintage Image Craft: How To Decoupage
Original article published on eHow.com
Next page: Jewelry Armoire
Decrease in wrinkles by 25%, glowing facial skin, Increased energy, better sleep patterns,
Scam free: Use trusted Vendors or use PayPal to "Check Out" and know your online transaction is safe.