Jewelry Box - Fashion Jewelry
How to Decorate a Jewelry BoxBy Christi Aldridge, eHow Contributor jewelry Box thumbnail" title="" class="photo" data-credit="jewelry box and necklace image by VisualEyez from Fotolia.com" longdesc="http://i.ehow.com/images/a06/rm/8n/decorate-jewelry-box-800x800.jpg" />
Make your own personalized jewelry box using items you can buy at your local craft store. Decorated boxes also make lovely gifts or crafts that girls can do at a birthday party. They can take their finished jewelry boxes home as a party favor. Stow your trinkets inside your box and display it where people can see it, on top of a dresser or bathroom counter. Things You'll Need
- Jewelry box
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
- Decorations such as beads, buttons, ribbons and shells
- Decoupage medium
1. Paint your Jewelry Box using acrylic craft paint. For a sparkling, feminine Jewelry Box, use gold or silver paint. A more vintage-looking box could be muted pink, green or beige. Or, for a more natural finish, use wood stain or a clear coat. Allow the box to dry.
2. Glue on embellishments. Glue seashells around the top edges of the box to create a beach-theme box. Make a box for a child by gluing small plastic toys to it or fuzzy pom poms. Feathers, trim or rocks are other options. Decoupage magazine pictures or photos printed from your computer onto your box using decoupage medium and a paintbrush. Create designs such as swirls or hearts by gluing colorful beads to the top of the box. Use tweezers to place beads where you want them. Scratched CDs that you don't need anymore can make a cool mosaic when you break them up and glue them on.
3. Cut a piece of colored felt or velvet to fit inside your box. This will serve as a liner so your jewelry won't get scratched inside the box. Glue a mirror to the inside lid of the box. Embellish the inside lid of the box with rhinestones for an extra touch of sparkle.
Christi Aldridge has been writing professionally since 2009. She graduated from Texas Christian University, where she was a featured contributor for several campus publications and won an award for best columnist.
- Making Friends: Celestial Box
- About My Planet: Easy Reuses For Scratched CDs
- Vintage Image Craft: How To Decoupage
Original article published on eHow.com
Next page: Jewelry Armoire
Decrease in wrinkles by 25%, glowing facial skin, Increased energy, better sleep patterns,
Scam free: Use trusted Vendors or use PayPal to "Check Out" and know your online transaction is safe.
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Jewelry Box News
Birthstone Jewelry: 10 Opal Jewels for October Babies
Opalâ€™s play of color makes it unlike any other jewel. Opal is found all over the world, from Australia to Nevada, and gets its unique color spectrum from â€śmicroscopic arrays of stacked silica spheres that diffract light,â€ť according to the GIA.Read more...
You can design and 3D-print your own gold and silver jewelry with Trove
Who says jewelry making has to remain a priesthood? Not the 21st century, and certainly not Trove, a brand new platform that launched Thursday which allows you to customize and 3D-print jewelry in materials like bronze, silver, and of course gold.Read more...
CLT Made: Plume Jewelry
What: One-of-a-kind necklaces and bracelets and one-of-a-kind and limited-production earrings made of free-trade materials: natural and semi-precious stones, rough-cut quartz and druzy, and vintage components, as well. Prices range from $18 to $178; there ...Read more...
The Future of Your Art Collection: Art Appraisers and Appraisals
Publication 561 offers advice to the donor and appraiser on how to value items such as: household goods; used clothing; jewelry and gems; paintings, antiques and other objects of art; collections (including rare books, autographs and sports memorabilia ...Read more...
The Goldmine jewelry store to close, owners to retire
ST. CHARLES â€“ The owners of a longtime St. Charles jewelry store have decided to start another chapter in their lives. Jay Montgomery and his wife, Lynn, announced they will retire at the end of this year and will close their store, The Goldmine, at 213 W.Read more...
Design your own actually fashionable 3D-printed jewelry
Forget diamonds; you can now 3D-print your own customized rings and bracelets. Startup Trove allows you to design pieces of jewelry, try on plastic versions and then order the item to be printed in precious metals of your choosing. Brian Park, formally a ...Read more...
Sevyn & B.o.B. Split, Bobby Ray Attempts To Smash Instagram Model
Meanwhile, B.o.B wasted no time setting the record straight, confirming he was indeed single and yes, he offered to promote the girlâ€™s jewelry line in exchange for some of her good loving. Now we know. Bobby Ray will promote a womanâ€™s jewelry line if ...Read more...