Horse Jewelry - Fashion Jewelry
How to Braid Horse Hair for JewelryBy Adam Raphael, eHow Contributor jewelry thumbnail" title="" class="photo" data-credit="BananaStock/BananaStock/Getty Images" longdesc="http://i.ehow.com/images/a06/rl/s7/braid-horse-hair-jewelry-800x800.jpg" />
Braided horse hair jewelry adds a fine touch to your Western ensemble. Many equestrians also use this type of accessory to remind them of their most loved sport. Bracelets are the most popular types of accessories that use braided horse hair. With its highly durable, fashionable, natural and recyclable material, horsehair jewelry can make an excellent addition to your accessory collection. You do not even need to spend money to own one. You can braid horse hair on your own and make it into fine jewelry. Things You'll Need
- Regular shampoo
- 1 bundle of 24 to 36 strands of horse hair, around 6 to 10 inches long
- Rubber bands
1. Wash and comb your horse hair thoroughly. Wash the horse hair before you start braiding it. Use regular shampoo to wash the hair and rinse it well with water. Arrange your horse hair in a long and even swatch after cleaning and combing and secure an end with your rubber band.
2. Separate the horse hair to make three equal portions. Create a section for each shade if you are using more than one color of horse hair. Take the two outside sections with each hand and leave the middle section long and flat for it to serve as a guide while you braid your bracelet. At this point, you should have around 8 to 12 strands of horse hair for every section.
3. Braid your horse hair together following an over-and-under pattern. Cross your hair's left section over its middle portion and cross its right section over the other portion that you started on the left and was placed in the middle.
4. Repeat the previous step until you are able to complete a braid. You should be weaving the two sections outside and around your horse hair's middle section in order to create the smooth and small braid. Secure your horsehair braid's loose end using your rubber band as soon as you have reached your horse hair's end.
Adam Raphael has been writing technical and health-related articles for a variety of online sources for five years. His articles have appeared on a variety of popular blogs and other websites.
Original source: eHow.com
Next page: Where Can I Sell My Gold Jewelry
Bookmark/Share This Page:
What would you buy from this website for £20? (Answers: 1) (Comments: 0)
It was my birthday today and I've been given a gift voucher from my granddad for this website- http://www.jhequestrian.co.uk/ and I'm not sure what to get. The items I need aren't featured on it and I'd always rather buy that than an additional item I don't need. If it was down to you, which items would you purchase? I don't use most of these brands either, would you recommend any of them?
Get the answers...
10 year old girl birthday gifts? (Answers: 4) (Comments: 0)
What should I get my sister for her birthday? She is turning 10 in October. She likes horses, soccer, gymnastics. She is somewhat Girly. He likes getting her nails done but not bows and dresses. What are some cool things I could get her under $100?
Get the answers...
25 ways to spend money? (Answers: 1) (Comments: 0)
plz help me vid my H.W......can you suggest 25 ways to sepnd 1crore rupees which you have won in a lottery??
Get the answers...
Horse Jewelry News
54k stolen in bold daytime NYC jewelry heist
The NYPD is looking for a brazen robber that tied up a store employee and then stole about $54,000 worth of jewelry from a New York City store that sold its products to celebrities. ? ?Read more...
California Chrome Kentucky Derby-bound
California Chrome was the easy winner of the Santa Anita Derby.Read more...
The Fifth Labor
Tony Todd is lovingly shoveling horseshit out of a stable in the dusty lot behind a West Baltimore building that looks like an old salvage yard from the road, except for the street-art murals of arabbers, Baltimoreâ€™s wagon-and-horse-drawn vendors, covering the wall facing Fremont Avenue. The complex of structures, with several different stable areas, and an enclosed garage filled with vintage ...Read more...
Best Native American spots
Modern American Indian culture is thriving in galleries, powwows, film festivals and restaurants. Here are some of the best places in the United States to experience Native America.Read more...
Horse pee and salmon fishing
The sun has finally reached the equator on its late winter northward journey, and spring has finally arrived. Itâ€™s been a long cold winter, even for those of us who play in the snow. We commonly refer to the spring equinox as the sun crossing the line, and it did so on March 20, at 2:27 p.m. ...Read more...
Corbett, Democratic opponents try to top one another with calls for gift ban
The next governor of Pennsylvania might have to look the gift horse in the mouth.Read more...
April is a great time to visit the Watertown Library
From horse drawing classes to writing courses for teens, there are plenty of events of note at the Watertown Library in April. For more information, contact the Watertown Library at (952) 955-2939. Library Happenings â€¢ Arts in April: Whether itâ€™s in the artwork that hangs on the library walls, the books about art, instruction given [...]Read more...