Horse Jewelry - Fashion Jewelry
How to Braid Horse Hair for JewelryBy Adam Raphael, eHow Contributor jewelry thumbnail" title="" class="photo" data-credit="BananaStock/BananaStock/Getty Images" longdesc="http://i.ehow.com/images/a06/rl/s7/braid-horse-hair-jewelry-800x800.jpg" />
Braided horse hair jewelry adds a fine touch to your Western ensemble. Many equestrians also use this type of accessory to remind them of their most loved sport. Bracelets are the most popular types of accessories that use braided horse hair. With its highly durable, fashionable, natural and recyclable material, horsehair jewelry can make an excellent addition to your accessory collection. You do not even need to spend money to own one. You can braid horse hair on your own and make it into fine jewelry. Things You'll Need
- Regular shampoo
- 1 bundle of 24 to 36 strands of horse hair, around 6 to 10 inches long
- Rubber bands
1. Wash and comb your horse hair thoroughly. Wash the horse hair before you start braiding it. Use regular shampoo to wash the hair and rinse it well with water. Arrange your horse hair in a long and even swatch after cleaning and combing and secure an end with your rubber band.
2. Separate the horse hair to make three equal portions. Create a section for each shade if you are using more than one color of horse hair. Take the two outside sections with each hand and leave the middle section long and flat for it to serve as a guide while you braid your bracelet. At this point, you should have around 8 to 12 strands of horse hair for every section.
3. Braid your horse hair together following an over-and-under pattern. Cross your hair's left section over its middle portion and cross its right section over the other portion that you started on the left and was placed in the middle.
4. Repeat the previous step until you are able to complete a braid. You should be weaving the two sections outside and around your horse hair's middle section in order to create the smooth and small braid. Secure your horsehair braid's loose end using your rubber band as soon as you have reached your horse hair's end.
Adam Raphael has been writing technical and health-related articles for a variety of online sources for five years. His articles have appeared on a variety of popular blogs and other websites.
Original source: eHow.com
Next page: Where Can I Sell My Gold Jewelry
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Horse Jewelry News
High-End Jewelry Store Brings Downtown Edge to Upper East Side - DNAinfo
High-End Jewelry Store Brings Downtown Edge to Upper East Side
Adornia, a line of fine jewelry with a fashion-forward edge, opened its first brick-and-mortar location on East 76th Street near Third Avenue last month, bringing a decidedly Downtown vibe to the Uptown world of high-end jewelry. âWe wanted to create a ...
Bold thief steals $250000 worth of jewelry from market - kdvr.com
The Denver Channel
Bold thief steals $250000 worth of jewelry from market
DENVER â A brazen thief caught on camera breaking into a market through the roof, stealing $250,000 worth of jewelry after perusing the store for eight minutes. Inside Plaza Latina off W. 70th Avenue and Pecos Street, there are several businesses ...
Thief Crawls Through Air Ducts To Steal Jewelry
Thief breaks in through ceiling, steals $250000 in wedding rings from Plaza ...
Las Vegas Antique Jewelry Show Options Include Increased Booth Sizes - Rapaport
Las Vegas Antique Jewelry Show Options Include Increased Booth Sizes
Press Release: For the 18th year, dealers from more than 20 countries will gather in Las Vegas for the Las Vegas Antique Jewelry & Watch Show. The event is hosted by U.S. Antique Shows, the world's leading producer of indoor antique shows, May 29 to ...
Rare and Unique Collections Featured at the Las Vegas Antique Jewelry ...
Armed man robs coin and jewelry store in Oregon City - KATU
Armed man robs coin and jewelry store in Oregon City
Investigators say a masked man walked into Oregon City Coin & Jewelry on 610 Molalla Avenue during the afternoon. He pointed a gun at the store's owner, demanding cash in return. He drove off with money in a blue sedan. Witnesses describe it as similar ...
Armed man robs OC jewelry store
Masked gunman robs Oregon City store
South Brunswick couple allegedly scammed out of $50000 in antique ... - MyCentralJersey.com
South Brunswick couple allegedly scammed out of $50000 in antique ...
SOUTH BRUNSWICK â Police are looking for a man, and possibly an accomplice, who allegedly scammed an elderly township couple out of $50,000 worth of antique silver handcrafted jewelry. According to police, just before 2 p.m. Monday, a Kendall Park ...
'Gas worker' lures elderly couple from South Brunswick home; accomplice steals ...
Local Jewelry Artisans, Beth Martin and Eva Sherman, invite community to first ... - The Plain Dealer
Local Jewelry Artisans, Beth Martin and Eva Sherman, invite community to first ...
The Plain Dealer
Co-authors and jewelry artisans, Beth L. Martin and Eva M. Sherman, will be signing copies of their first book, Organic Wire and Metal Jewelry, Stunning Pieces Made with Sea Glass, Stones and Crystals, and hosting a trunk show at BAYarts, 28795 Lake ...
Burglar steals sentimental jewelry box from Battle Ground home - KPTV.com
Burglar steals sentimental jewelry box from Battle Ground home
Bunkley's father gave the jewelry box to her mother for their first anniversary nearly 50 years ago. Her mother passed away on Feb. 16. Bunkley said she and her boyfriend left their home at around 12:40 p.m. Friday to grab her daughter some lunch and ...
Battle Ground woman searching for stolen mementos